Tuesday, January 6, 2009

EAA Museum KidVenture Exhibit Artwork

A few years back I had the great opportunity to create a large set of vector art illustrations for Oshkosh, Wisconsin's EAA AirVenture Museum. These images were to be part of their children's interactive flight section called KidVenture. I drew several flying creatures (mostly birds) as well as several aircraft. The birds and critters were of course more fun to draw since I've never felt overly confident in rendering technical stuff...even if they are cartoon versions. I learned a lot about planes in the process, which was nice. The folks at the museum provided me with a lot of nice plane photos to work with as a reference. I dusted off my old high school biology class bird books for the bird imagery. I even got to draw a Pterodactyl. I think my favorite bird out of the set is the bald eagle.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the mix of animals, nature, and aircrafts or old and new. The planes look great.

    ReplyDelete