Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lookouts Cover Issue 1



I'm REALLY proud to be working on this project from Cryptozoic Entertainment and Penny Arcade. Shown here is my cover to issue one. On this cover I got to do my own inks and colors too, which is super fun. My overall job on the ongoing series is pencilling as well as some of the color details and illustrative design elements throughout the book. 

What an AMAZING team to be working with. Written by the uber-talented Ben McCool. Inked by the wonderfully gifted Mike Norton. Colored by the magician that is Rainer Petter. All under the awesome leadership of editor Cory Jones. The overall book is assembled and craftfully designed by Larry Renac.

But it all was started by it's genius creators, Penny Arcades' Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik. For a long time I studied Mike's unique and beautiful art style. Trying to come up with pencils and designs to do it justice. That guy is insanely talented, so this has been a bit intimidating for me, to say the least.

It has been a great learning experience and a blast to work on. The first issue is finally out via ComiXology. 

Get it here, folks!...

Lookouts on ComiXology



The Lookouts #1 will also be previewed at San Diego Comic-Con with TWO exclusive covers, one by Mike Krahulik and one by Doug TenNapel! WOW!!! This will from 8-11 PM at the Cryptozoic store.

Printed copies of the First Issue will launch in comic stores nationwide on August 29, 2012.

More to come!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I already said this on DA, but this is such a great looking cover. I love the line work and coloring, plus your characters are as charming as ever. You have such a lovely stylization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks a ton, Christine. This is one of those projects that sort of evolves as it goes. the more comfortable I get, the happier i am with the end result.

      Thank you for you kind words, and your work continues to inspire me to no end! Amazing work from you as always.

      Delete
  2. Great cover Sir, I read the first issue a few days ago, and I can't wait for more!!!

    ReplyDelete